Joel Gaslin - Profesional
Content about Joel Gaslin - Professional
The Joel Gaslin professional page is a hub of my professional activity and experiences. I have diverse interests and those related to business are here for you to read.
Why Does Joel Gaslin Professional Need a Webpage?
That’s a great question! The Joel Gaslin professional page exists because I believe every person should have their own website. LinkedIn is popular and easy, but flawed.
Why is LinkedIn flawed? Well, LinkedIn itself isn’t flawed. The part about LinkedIn that can be risky is if you use it as your only strategy for building your professional platform.
Because like the Bible says, “The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh,” so it can be with Linkedin. Before you chastise me as a blasphemer comparing LinkedIn with Our Lord, I’m not doing that. Nor am I suggesting that the Joel Gaslin Professional page will bring you closer to The Promised Land.
What If You Don’t Build Your Own Platform?
Do you ever wonder if your patients, customers, clients, or however you name them look you up online? Of course, they do. And if you don’t believe me, you’re deluding yourself.
If You’re Like Me, Here Are There Reasons to Consider Creating “Your Name Professional” Website That You Own
Reason Number One.
You own it. Yes, it requires a little work. And what’s also true is that creating a simple website today is so easy. No company can change an algorithm, increase your fees or anything else that you don’t agree to.
Reason Number Two
You can rest easy about your personal data. Why? See reason number one.
Reason Number Three the Joel Gaslin Professional Platform Exists and You Should Build Yours
It stays with you, and you may point your clients and prospects to it with confidence. What I mean is, did you ever notice, when you search on LinkedIn, the little box in the lower right that says, “Others searched for…” Or something like that.
The point is, if you look at those results, most of them are your competitors! Why on earth do you want to send someone there. The Joel Gaslin Professional page never lists my competitors!
How Might You Get Started Building Your Professional Page?
Getting started building your own website can be easy. Here are seven steps that I’ll expand on further with future posts on this site:
- Find a domain and buy it. Try to get your name, or do like I did on this site and pick a URL that might help you in search. (You can do this at GoDaddy and lots of other sites.)
- Think about what you want your site to be? Will it be a blog where you’ll post curated content? Or maybe photo-focused site that you’ll use to tell your story - people love photos and stories, BTW!
- Decide where you’ll host the site. This sounds a lot harder than it is. And you’ll find that if you cruise around a little, do some research, and ask a few questions, there are so many people out there willing to help you that it’s amazing!
- Set-up your custom email address with your hosting company. Again. Not difficult.
- Choose a theme with a drag and drop page builder. My advice to you is to build a WordPress site and use a page builder called “Beaver Builder.” These people are great, and they have a super helpful Facebook Group, too.
- Decide on a site structure and get the YOAST SEO plugin. You’ll be super happy with this because it will help you with site structure and writing.
I created the Joel Gaslin Professional page to have something that I own and no one, and I mean no one can take away from me. You can get started doing the same if you follow the steps above. And if you want some help before I put out a course about building your platform, let me know.
If you poke around this site, you'll see I like to offer book recommendations. Well here’s the one for this page: “The Ultimate Guide to Platform Building” by Wendy Keller (Affiliate LInk). I like this book because it is thorough.
So stop back often to makemarketingeasy.com to see what’s new. If you’d like a free pdf that I put together about how to make your customers and prospects feel special, fill out the form below. Or, if you’d like to schedule a time to discuss something you’re working on, email me at Joel@makemarketingeasy.com.
Good luck and good marketing and selling!
Joel Gaslin is a kid from Rochester, Minnesota. So I grew up surrounded by doctors and healthcare. This is because the world-famous Mayo Clinic is based there. My dad is a retired educator, and my mom a retired nurse. So, like my friends, the Mayo Clinic influenced my life. I went off to college at…read the post